For product wishes or suggestions, we will gladly accept your request.
Engine Version 126.96.36.199 2021-09-01
- New Feature: When logging on, the user settings are now processed in a single call and no longer individually. This means that PowerShell and the engine are only initialized once, which means that the performance is much better. The new mode is active as soon as a package with user settings is installed again. Scripting Framework extends the registry key of ActiveSetup.exe with the -Logon parameter. The entry can also be forced manually: SF-Register32 “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” “SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “Scripting Framework User Settings” “””%_Windows%\_ScriptingFramework\Modul\ActiveSetup.exe”” -Logon” “REG_SZ”
- New Feature: When logging on, the order in which the user settings are applied can be influenced. The Priority value for the user settings can be written in Install.ps1: SF-Register32 “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” “SOFTWARE\ScriptingFramework\UserSettings\%_PkgIdentifier%” “Priority” “1” “REG_SZ”. Priority 1 is the highest.
- Bug Fix: SF-GroupMembership could not read out groups with special characters correctly.
- Bug Fix: When SF-Service was called with the -Automatic parameter, the service was also started, although the -Start parameter was not specified.
Engine Version 188.8.131.52 2021-06-22
- New Feature: A new variable _OfficePlatform is available. When installing Office AddIns, for example, it can be queried beforehand whether Office 32-bit or 64-bit is installed. We recommend executing the “SF-ReloadVariables -Machine” command beforehand so that the value of the variable is updated.
- New Feature: With the two new parameters -Retries and -RetriesTime for SF-Copy, the options for the copy command can be adjusted.
- Optimization: Adjustment of the behavior of the variable _LastError after an SF exit.
- Optimization: Extended error handling for the SF service command.
- Optimization: Inventory InstallCounter changed to double.
- Optimization: Renaming of the internal logging function to a more unique name in order to avoid naming conflicts of custom functions in PowerShell scripts.
Engine Version 184.108.40.206 2021-03-25
- New Feature: The SF-Copy creates an additional log file <Copy_History.log> in which the copying processes that have taken place can be seen. The copy logs are new in Unicode format. The log size is limited to 1MB.
- New Feature: New switch -NoErrors for the command SF-MSIUninstallByDisplayName.
- Bug Fix: A problem with the SF-INIRead command, which exists in version 220.127.116.11, has been fixed. In some cases the value could not be read out.
Engine Version 18.104.22.168 2021-01-18
- New Feature: New command SF-MSIGetProperty to read properties from an MSI file.
- Optimization: If the InstallUser.ps1 and Disabled_InstallUser.ps1 files are in the “User” directory, the Disabled_InstallUser.ps1 is now more relevant and the user settings are deactivated.
- Optimization: Internal optimizations when using a custom module.
- Bug Fix: With the SF-LoadVariables command, special characters could not be loaded correctly in some cases.
- Bug Fix: The SF-Copy command includes an additional check for the source and destination. If the SF variables used were empty, an error could occur.
- Bug Fix: If a Windows form was to be displayed in an SF Launcher (ShowDialog), the window was not displayed.
- Bug Fix: In connection with Visual Studio Code a problem has been fixed in the Engineer module.
- Bug Fix: Under certain circumstances the AutoUpdater could not copy the files.
Engine Version 22.214.171.124 2020-06-11
- New Feature: SF-AppxInstall new parameter DependencyPackagePath available.
- New Feature: SF-Register32 new parameter LocalUserProfiles available.
- New Feature: Two new possibilities for the CustomModule.psm1 (SF-CustomOnExit and SF-CustomBeforeExecuteScript).
- Optimization: SF ExtractArchive, if the file was not found, the path is also output in the log.
- Optimization: SF-MSIXInstall Error Handling optimized.
- Optimization: ActiveSetup.exe will only write the registry entry in the UserSettings if it is executed successfully.
- Optimization: Swisscom Glass is no longer part of SF; instead, the functionality can be mapped via the CustomModule.psm1.
- Bug Fix: When using the SF-Set command together with the parameters User and Environment, the display of the log output is incorrect.
Engine Version 126.96.36.199 2020-08-31
- New Feature: Two new commands SF-AppxInstall and SF-AppxUninstall are available for installing and uninstalling * .appx packages.
- Optimization: The command SF-Run, when used with the Switch timeout, returns the ExitCode 6010 if the timeout has been reached. It is therefore possible to recognize this in the script and to react to it.
- Optimization: New variable _UserOU (Distinguished Name)
- Optimization: The _ComputerOU variable is written without the addition “LDAP: //”.
- Bug Fix: After extracting with SF-ExtractArchive, the ZIP file could not be partially deleted.
- Bug Fix: SF-Logoff now has an automatic delay of 5 seconds (user settings problem).
Engine Version 188.8.131.52 2020-07-15
- New Feature: Additional switch (-Date) for the command SF-Requirements to check whether a certain date has already been reached.
- Optimization: The command SF-PinnedApplication has been revised so that it works with the new Windows 10 builds.
- Bug Fix: The installation/configuration of Scripting Framework could take longer in some cases during the OSD.
- Bug Fix: The command SF-LoadVariables could not find the CFG file under certain circumstances.
- Bug Fix: If FIPS was activated via GPO, there were problems with the AutoUpdater.
Engine Version 184.108.40.206 2020-05-29
- New Feature: The parameters -DisableCustomInitialize and -DisableCustomFinalize can be used to temporarily disable the Custom Initialize and Finalize phase.
- Optimization: Until now, the output of only one password in the log could be prevented with the variable $DecryptString. Now up to five passwords are possible: $DecryptString2, $DecryptString3, $DecryptString4 and $DecryptString5.
- Optimization: The Registry.pol file is checked and corrected if necessary, because a corrupt file can cause SF to crash.
- Optimization: When using SF-INIRead, spaces before the “=” are removed.
- Bug Fix: In rare cases the ScriptingFramework.exe was not terminated.
Engine Version 220.127.116.11 2020-04-30
- New Feature: Added the -Script parameter to the SF-INIRead command to store the desired value in a PowerShell variable.
- New Feature: In order to better handle the different calls internally, Engine.exe exists in addition to ScriptingeFramework.exe from this version. Nothing changes for you as a customer, the command line calls, etc. continue to be made via ScriptingeFramework.exe.
- New Feature: Install Mode Repair.ps1 has been added.
- Optimization: The command SF-INIWrite has received better support for the encoding formats.
- Optimization: The internal termination of handles has been expanded.
- Bug Fix: If ActiveSetup.exe was started several times and simultaneously, this could result in the process not being ended.
Engine Version 18.104.22.168 2020-02-17
- New Feature: There are two new commands for installing and uninstalling MSIX packages (SF-MSIXInstall and MSIXUninstall).
- New Feature: New switch test for the command SF-Taskkill. When using the switch, the function returns true or false, active processes are not closed.
- New Feature: SF-Installed can now also be used to check for installed SF packages.
- Optimization: Special processes (* .tmp) can now also be closed with the command SF-Taskkill.
- Optimization: The identifier is now visible in the log when the package outputs a return code. This is for the sake of clarity so that it can be seen immediately which package has been closed.
- Bug Fix: With the SF-Service command, services with dependencies may not have ended successfully.
- Bug Fix: The SF-NTFSPerm command ended with a warning with a 1603 return code instead of continuing with the script.
- Bug Fix: Depending on the configuration, the “LogsSoftware” folder was not created automatically.
Engine Version 22.214.171.124 2019-10-16
- New Feature: The SF-Run command can be given the working directory used as a parameter. By default, the working directory is used in which the executable is located.
- New Feature: With the command SF-AppvUninstall the package name can now be used instead of the PackageID (the use of wildcards is supported).
- Optimization: When using an Addition Log, the file is automatically recreated if it is greater than 2MB.
- Optimization: The log output from the SF-Run command has been adjusted.
- Optimization: The command SF-DriverInstall now ignores the autorun.inf in the directories.
Engine Version 126.96.36.199 2019-08-30
- New Feature: The command SF-MSIUninstallByDisplayname now supports the overriding of the default parameters “/qn /norestart” if required.
- Optimization: The SF-PinnedApplication command has been completely redesigned. The PinItems.exe is no longer part of Scripting Framework, delete this file from your package and AutoUpdate Folder.
- Optimization: The logging text of SF-Run has been adjusted and the default timeout increased.
- Optimization: The log output of encrypted packets has been adjusted.
Engine Version 188.8.131.52 2019-06-07
- New Feature: The user settings are no longer stored in the default ActiveSetup Registry Key from Microsoft. The reason for this is that a Windows 10 Build Upgrade automatically removes all non-standard ActiveSetup keys from the registry (HKLM and HKCU). The own mechanism works in the same way as ActiveSetup and the use of user settings keeps everything the same.
The new feature must be activated via registry configuration:
SF-Register32 ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE’ ‘SOFTWAREScriptingFrameworkConfig’ ‘DisableUseMSActiveSetup’ ‘1’ ‘REG_SZ’.
From then on, the ActiveSetup information is stored under the following registry key:
For the ActiveSetup migration of existing clients we recommend our migration package. The contained EXE file “ActiveSetupMigration.exe” migrates the existing ActiveSetup Keys to the new location. In addition, the scripting framework configuration “DisableUseMSActiveSetup=1” is automatically set. If the ActiveSetup Keys on a client have already been deleted by an upgrade, the keys will still be regenerated based on the cache information from the directory “C:Windows_ScriptingFrameworkCache”.
Also, do not forget to customize the Scripting Framework Engine package to set the new version and configuration value “DisableUseMSActiveSetup” during OS deployment.
For questions or ambiguities, please contact our support.
- Bug Fix: A bug related to the ShowOnlyIfTaskkill parameter has been fixed in the Notification Center.
Engine Version 184.108.40.206 2019-05-11
- New Feature: Support for the installation of encrypted packages (for the time being they can only be created by the WinCM).
- Optimization: The SF-FileSearch command now supports wildcards.
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue with the SF-AppVUninstall command that caused some of the App-V packages to not be found.
- Bug Fix: SF-RD with the parameter LocalUserProfiles could lead under certain circumstances to an error.
- Bug Fix: The Notification Center has returned the return code 70100 in certain situations, even though you pressed Next.
Engine Version 220.127.116.11 2019-03-20
- Optimization: Maximum log entry Length of the “Title” type increased
- Optimization: The new Engineer Module (ScriptingFramework.dll) contains several improvements
- Bug Fix: The command SF-Shortcuts writes the shortcut arguments correctly, if there is an additional comma in it.
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue with deleting empty registry keys.
- Bug Fix: Passing parameters to a Script (Scripting Mode) with the additional parameter AdditionalLog caused problems.
Engine Version 18.104.22.168 2019-01-28
- New Feature: New Feature: The Scripting Framework Engineer Module is now available as an assembly (ScriptingFramework.dll). Thus, debugging can be done directly in the PowerShell Console. To use the new variant, the value $ScriptingFrameworkUsePreviousVariant must be changed to $false in profile.ps1.
- New Feature: New command SF-ServiceStatus to query the status of a service.
- New Feature: The SF-MSIPatchInstall command now supports installing all patches from a folder.
- Optimization: In the custom module the function SF-CustomInitialize and SF-CustomFinalize can be defined. The functions are automatically called by Scripting Framework.
- Optimization: In the Application Inventory the value InstallCounter is written, which is used for the version of the user installation.
- Optimization: The SF-ReloadVariables command now also creates all available user variables under the SYSTEM account.
- Optimization: The SF-ExtractArchive command only logs the details in use with the -Log parameter.
- Optimization: In scripting mode, PowerShell variables are passed to a script which parameter expects param().
- Bug Fix: Using the SF-MSIInstall command without the arguments resulted in an error.
- Bug Fix: User installation did not run immediately unless Scripting Framework is installed in the default folder.
- Bug Fix: When using special characters, an error could occur with the SF-DriverUninstall command.
- Bug Fix: The Notification Center displayed the wrong language for a few users.
Engine Version 22.214.171.124 2018-09-25
- New Feature: Preparations so that Scripting Framework does not necessarily have to be installed in the folder “C:Windows _ScriptingFramework”.
- New Feature: The syntax SF-Delete “%_ProgramFiles32%Folder*” is now supported.
- Optimization: The Engineer module now includes a query as to whether PowerShell ISE was started with administrator rights.
Engine Version 126.96.36.199 2018-08-17
- Bug Fix: Fixed a spelling error in the SF-ProgramsAndFeatures command.
Engine Version 188.8.131.52 2018-08-10
- New Feature: New parameter -UseVarPrefix for the SF-Set command.
- Optimization: A log message from SF-ShowCustomNotification has been adjusted.
- Bug Fix: The Notification Center sometimes misapplied the logo when using high screen resolutions.
- Bug Fix: An Access Denied could occur when executing the SF-SearchFile command.
- Bug Fix: The SF-ShowInstallNotification command did not work correctly on the very first execution if the Canonical Order was incorrect.
Engine Version 184.108.40.206 2018-07-06
- New Feature: New configuration option (DisableShowUserSettings). No visible window during the installation of user settings.
- Optimization: The Share Authentication will not be executed unless a username / password has been stored in the config.
- Optimization: For SF-INIWrite an additional error check has been integrated.
- Optimization: For SF-SFShortcut an additional error check has been integrated.
- Optimization: The ScriptingFramework.exe is newly signed with sha256 (until now sha1).
- Bug Fix: When using SF-ShowInstallNotification the following error could occur (This access control list is not in canonical form and therefore cannot be modified).
Suite Version 220.127.116.11 2018-07-06
- Bug Fix: If the REG Converter was started from the suite, the drag & drop of the * .reg file did not work.
- Optimization: The Remote Manager now also displays the Build Number of the Scripting Framework Packages.
Engine Version 18.104.22.168 2018-05-24
- New Feature: New parameter -SkipInfInstalled for the SF-MSIInstall command to skip the MSI installation if it is already installed.
- Optimization: PowerShell Execution Policy Workaround required with specific configurations.
- Optimization: Shortcuts with a 64-bit target are now displayed correctly in a 32-bit shell application.
- Optimization: Internal path changes.
- Bug Fix: SF-Path converted the Environment Registry Type from REG_SZ_Expand to REG_SZ.
- Bug Fix: SF-PinnedApplication fix for Windows Server 2008 (new PinItems.exe).
- Bug Fix: SF-Register32 and SF-Register64 Problem with long values (QWORD) fixed.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug that could cause the NotificationCenter to crash.
Suite Version 22.214.171.124 2018-05-24
- New Feature: The completely redesigned Remote Manager is included in version 126.96.36.199.
- New Feature: The suite warns you if there is no license in the root directory (see note below).
- New Feature: The Ultimate Packager expects the license directly in the Suite directory.
Note: A license is required for the new Remote Manager. To do this, move your existing Ultimate Packager license (License.lic) directly into the Scripting Framework Suite directory.
Engine Version 188.8.131.52 2018-04-04
- New Feature: New user variable _TelephoneIP.
- Optimization: The SF-AppvUninstall command has been revised.
- Bug Fix: In the case of an expired license, the registry key “Variables” was removed in Scripting Mode.
Engine Version 184.108.40.206 2018-03-16
- New Feature: New command SF-DriverInstall to install individual drivers or all drivers from a folder (details in the manual).
- New Feature: New command SF-DriverUninstall to remove a driver from the Windows Driver Store (details in the manual).
- New Feature: New command SF-SymbolicLink to create symbolic links (details in the manual).
- New Feature: New parameter -PerformanceMode to start SF. Scripting Framework starts with the best possible performance to run the script as fast as possible. For this, some checks and steps are omitted. The mode should only be used in scripting mode.
- New Feature: The command SF-Path has a new parameter -AtFirst to insert the entry in the first position. With -Force the entry is moved to the first position, if it already exists.
- Optimization: If a LIB path has been defined in the environment variables, it is checked and invalid paths are automatically removed. With an invalid path, PowerShell can not load additional code with Add-Type.
- Bug Fix: Symbolic Link folders were not removed correctly with SF-RD.
- Bug Fix: No values could be passed by parameter, which begin with two hyphens. Example:
ScriptingFramework.exe -File “C:TempLauncher.ps1” -Parameter1 “—started-from-file”
Engine Version 220.127.116.11 2018-02-12
- Bug Fix: The _OSVersionCurrent variable has been fixed for Win10.
- Optimization: If an ErrorCode 1612 occurs in the SF-MSIUninstall command, Scripting Framework will automatically try to fix the problem.
Suite Version 18.104.22.168 2018-01-27
- New Feature: The EXE generator was changed from WinZip Self-Extractor to RARLAB WinRAR.
- New Feature: In Script Generator it is possible to integrate your own functions from the CustomModule.
- New Feature: From the Script Generator the EXE files can be created directly without using the EXE Generator.
- New Feature: For the available commands, a search field has been integrated in the Script Generator.
Engine Version 22.214.171.124 2018-01-27
- Optimization: Improvements related to the new EXE generator.
- Optimization: The Explorer handle is no longer closed automatically.
Engine Version 126.96.36.199 2017-12-18
- Bug Fix: SF-ExtractArchive Assembly bug fixed.
- Bug Fix: The command SF-RD together with the parameter -LocalUserProfiles and -Empty also removed folders that were not empty.
- Bug Fix: When calling the Uninstall.exe with command line parameter it could happen that the uninstall script was not found.
- Optimization: For detecting the device type, if the chassis type is not present, it will check if a battery is present. If a battery is found, it is a notebook and not a desktop.
Engine Version 188.8.131.52 2017-12-06
- New Feature: Attention! With Scripting Framework 184.108.40.206 we recommend to use PowerShell 5.1 on the devices. Currently, PowerShell 3.0 is still supported. The final PowerShell 5.1 and .NET Framework 4.7 package is available under Downloads in the section “Prerequisites”. Please note the respective Readme.txt.
- New Feature: Using the Visual Studio Code Editor together with the “PowerShell Language Support for Visual Studio Code” add-in is supported with this release. This is the upcoming successor to PowerShell ISE.
- New Feature: New command SF-Logoff (details in the manual).
- New Feature: New command SF-ReloadVariables (details in the manual).
- New Feature: New command line switch -DisableLogging for calling the ScriptingFramework.exe. This deactivates the log output. The switch can be combined with the parameter -AdditionalLog.
- New Feature: The SF-Textfile command now supports the two parameters x86 and x64.
- Bug Fix: The SF-ExtractArchive command did not work correctly with files and folders containing special chars.
Engine Version 220.127.116.11 2017-11-15
- Bug Fix: The SF-Regperm32 and SF-Regperm64 command didn’t work properly with AD Groups and Windows Server 2016. The files “ToolsSetACL_x86.exe” and “Tools SetACL_x64.exe” are no longer needed and are no longer part of it.
Version 18.104.22.168 2017-11-02
- Bug Fix: Fixes a small bug related to deleting registry values.
- New Feature: Release of Scripting Framework Suite 22.214.171.124. The new version includes the SCCM Application Creator and the Support Collector Tool.
Version 126.96.36.199 2017-10-30
- Bug Fix: The SF-FileSearch command didn’t show any results in some cases.
- Bug Fix: Special REG_BINARY values couldn’t be created correctly with the SF-Register32 and SF-Register64 command.
Version 188.8.131.52 2017-09-30
- Optimization: Faster App-V environment detection, if no App-V client is present.
- Optimization: With the command MSI-Install, the file name of the logfile was adapted during a Repair / Remove.
- Optimization: An error is output in Scripting Mode, if the -File parameter is empty.
- Optimization: When using the Scripting Mode, the WorkingDirectory is used, provided that only one file name and not a whole path has been passed as a parameter.
- Optimization: Additional Log (Output Working Directory and additional line for Execute Script).
- Optimization: The SF-ExtractArchive command has been revised.
- Optimization: Small Log Customizations (AutoUpdater).
- Optimization: An empty path with SF-File now outputs a warning in the log.
Version 184.108.40.206 2017-09-07
- Optimization: Some adjustments in the logs.
Version 220.127.116.11 2017-09-04
- Bug Fix: In the Application Inventory, the InstallDate and UninstallDate are written now in 24h format.
- Optimization: For an invalid or expired license, a return code 1603 is returned instead of 0.
- Optimization: All MSI commands in use with the switch -Log write the logfiles from this version with a name extension. This will no longer overwrite the log file if the MSI command is used multiple times in the same script.
Version 18.104.22.168 2017-08-28
- Bug Fix: The SF-Language command did not work correctly if the call was made via ActiveSetup.exe.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug in the SF-Set command related to the -Script parameter.
- Optimization: The SF-Requirements command receives two additional switches (x86 and x64) to check the operating system architecture.
Version 22.214.171.124 2017-08-14
- Bug Fix: The SF-RegSearch32 and SF-RegSearch64 command did not display a title in the log file.
- Bug Fix: In connection with the extended error check, some Registry entries with SF-Register32 and SF-Register64 caused an error.
- Optimization: Advanced Citrix Server Detection (Variable _ComputerType)
- Optimization: With SF-ServiceInstall the formatting of special paths is now possible.
- Optimization: If an error occurs during Share Authentication through multiple connections, the connection causing the conflict is displayed in the log.
- New Feature: The SF-Installed command now supports the search for DisplayNames.
- New Feature: New command SF-MessageBox (for details see manual)
- New Feature: New command SF-Requirements (for details see manual)
- New Feature: New command SF-ShowCustomNotification (for details see manual)
Version 126.96.36.199 2017-07-21
- Optimization: The SF-Run command displays the ExcludedErrorCodes in the log, if the parameter was used.
- Optimization: New output formatting of the AutoUpdater log file.
- New Feature: New parameter -Machine, -User, -Script, -x64, and x86 for the SF-INIRead command.
- New Feature: New parameter -x64 and -x86 for the SF-INIWrite command.
Version 188.8.131.52 2017-07-05
- Optimization: The Scripting Framework installer has been modified. The configuration is now written with the Config.ps1 and no longer via .reg files. The Scripting Framework Help Tool has been changed.
Version 184.108.40.206 2017-06-26
- Bug Fix: Fixed a small bug related to SF-PinnedApplication, which caused an error message in the log.
Version 220.127.116.11 2017-06-20
- Bug Fix: Some corrections related to the “Extended Error Check” introduced in version 18.104.22.168.
- Bug Fix: The PackageIdentifierShort was not set correctly in some cases.
- Bug Fix: SF-Wait -TillKill did not work correctly if there were multiple processes with the same name.
Version 22.214.171.124 2017-06-13
- Optimization: Extended Error Checking – A PowerShell syntax error in the script is now detected and generates a corresponding log entry. For example, if SF-Coyp was written instead of SF-Copy, it is recognized as an error.
- Optimization: Improved PowerShell ExecutionPolicy Handling.
Version 126.96.36.199 2017-06-09
- Bug Fix: In some cases, the command SF-PinnedApplication could not pin the items (in the context of ActiveSetup).
Version 188.8.131.52 2017-06-07
- New Feature: New parameter -Log for the command SF-MSIUninstallByDisplayName.
- New Feature: The last error message is stored in the variable _LastError. This is an extension in the context of the upcoming Scripting Framework Client.
- Optimization: Package.xml Validation (syntax errors are detected).
Version 184.108.40.206 2017-05-10
- Bug Fix: No system reboot was registered when using the SF-Run command together with the -NoErrors switch.
- New Feature: New function SF-FileSearch to search for a file. A detailed description can be found in the manual.
- New Feature: New function SF-ProgramsAndFeatures to register the package under “Programs and Features”. A detailed description can be found in the manual.
- New Feature: New parameter -LoggedOnUsers for the command SF-Run. This parameter allows the process to automatically start on all logged-on users with their credentials, even if the package is installed under the SYSTEM account. This allows a process to be started and displayed to the user even if the installation of the package runs under the SYSTEM account. If no user is logged-on, the run command is skipped.
- Optimization: The process CcmExec.exe has been excluded from the open handle closing, so that the SCCM Agent does not terminate automatically, if it accesses a file.
Version 220.127.116.11 2017-05-03
- Bug Fix: AutoUpdater error has been fixed if no username / password has been entered.
- New Feature: To create your own log for each package, the Install.exe / Uninstall.exe can be called with the parameter -AdditionalLog “C:Logs Example.log”.
- Optimization: The SMSBIOS 3.0 specification for chassist types 30, 31, and 32 are newly supported. In addition, the two variables “_ComputerChassisName” and “_ComputerChassisType” are available.
- Optimization: The license is displayed in the Scripting Framework Log.
Version 18.104.22.168 2017-04-18
- Bug Fix: In the log, when using SF-ShowBalloonTip, the title of the function was not output correctly.
- Bug Fix: Using the SF-ShowInstallNotification command did not work correctly within the Scripting Mode.
- New Feature: Two new parameters (DeferDisabled and Reappear) are available for the SF-ShowInstallNotification command. The DeferDisabled parameter can be used to hide the Defer button. The Reappear parameter defines that the window will automatically reappear after X seconds after defering.
- Optimization: AutoUpdater Network Drive (Force Disconnect)
- Optimization: If Enhanced Security (IE) is activated, this is observed for the SF-Run command.
Version 22.214.171.124 2017-03-28
- Optimization: In the Scripting Framework Application Inventory, the PackageType is also written. The value is Classic or App-V.
- Optimization: Support for long paths (more than 260 chars) for SF-Delete and SF-RD
Version 126.96.36.199 2017-03-20
- New Feature: The function SF-Delete and SF-RD has been extended with the switch -LocalUserProfiles. This makes it possible to delete a file/folder from all local user profiles recursively.
Version 188.8.131.52 2017-03-10
- Bug Fix: SF-MSIUninstallByDisplayName has not worked correctly in specific cases.
- New Feature: The function SF-Exit and SF-LoadVariables supports now the switch -ShowBalloonTip to display error messages (for Launcher scripts).
- New Feature: New command SF-ShowBalloonTip (for details, see the User’s Guide)
- New Feature: You can add your own buttons via Settings.xml to the Remote Manager under the Tools tab. Some examples are already defined in Settings.xml.
- New Feature: The Ultimate Packager saves the settings and resumes the next time you start it. In addition, a separate output folder can be defined.
- Optimization: In the Scripting Mode it is now checked whether the file really exists.
Version 184.108.40.206 2017-02-27
- Bug Fix: SF-PinnedApplication did not work correctly in special cases.
- Optimization: SF-RD to the root directory (C: ) is prevented.
Version 220.127.116.11 2017-02-17
- Bug Fix: The SF-Taskkill command was in some cases case sensitive, this has been fixed.
- Optimization: Now the Notification Center includes a logo, which can be customized (C:Windows_ScriptingFrameworkModuleNotificationCenterLogo.png). It is also possible to define the form title in the Language.xml file over the tag <FormTitle>.
Version 18.104.22.168 2017-01-30
- New Feature: Additional switch for the SF-Copy command. When copying, the file version is used by default and not the date.
- New Feature: The SF-Shortcut command now supports the two switches -Maximized and -Minimized to define the Windows style. In addition, a key combination can be defined using the -Hotkey parameter.
- New Feature: The new AutoUpdater.exe version creates a log file “C:Windows_ScriptingFrameworkLogsAutoUpdater.log”
- New Feature: The new Suite includes a beta version of the new “Scripting Framework Script Generator”
- Optimization: If the SF-Taskkill command is given a path, instead of a process, only the processes which are actually in the specified folder are terminated.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a problem with the SF-Language command. Under certain circumstances, an incorrect machine language was returned.
Version 22.214.171.124 2017-01-03
- Optimization: Performance Improvements for the command SF-GroupMembership
Version 126.96.36.199 2016-12-22
- New Feature: New switch for SF-Run (SkipIfNotExist)
- New Feature: New Switch for SF-MSIPatchInstall (NoErrors). In addition, ErrorCode 1642 is not evaluated as an error
Version 188.8.131.52 2016-11-29
- New Feature: New function SF-Supersedence to replace a package
- New Feature: The function SF-Exit supports new the termination of Scripting Framework with a custom error code.
- New Feature: Including your own functions with “CustomModule.psm1”
- New Feature: A new config is available “DisablePgmVariablesEnhanced”
- Bug Fix: Problem with SF-ServiceInstall fixed, if no description is given
Version 184.108.40.206 2016-10-21
- New Feature: The path of the log files can be defined over the value LogPathMachine and LogPathUser in the registry (Config). The new configuration is available in the HelpTools.
- Misc: Rename the ScriptingFrameworkHelpTools.exe file to HelpTools.exe
Version 220.127.116.11 2016-10-17
- New Feature: Scripting Framework Suite. The Scripting Framework Suite will summarize the Scripting Framework tools.
- New Feature: Windows 10 support for the function SF-PinnedApplication
Version 18.104.22.168 2016-09-09
- New Feature: A package reinstall, apply the user settings script (InstallUser.ps1) again.
- New Feature: New Variable _Public (C:UsersPublic)
- New Feature: New Function SF-TestMSUpdate
Version 22.214.171.124 2016-07-05
- New Feature: From a Scripting Framework package or from a single script file, it’s possible to create an executable file (.exe) with the new „Scripting Framework To EXE” tool. More details can be found in the manual.
- New Feature: With the command SF-Log also the severity can be defined (Custom, Error, Info, Warning and Title)
- New Feature: New command SF-FileVersion to check the file version
- New Feature: The command SF-Shortcut has the additional switch -Elevated. With this option is “Run as administrator” set to the shortcut.
Version 126.96.36.199 2016-04-24
- New Feature: New function SF-ShowSCCM, to show the System Center to the user (is moved to the foreground)
- New Feature: New function SF-ExtractArchive to unpack zip files
- New Feature: Swisscom Glass support for customers who have it in use (Monitoring)
Version 188.8.131.52 2016-04-15
- Bug Fix: In some cases, there was a share authentication error message, which however did not affect the functionality.
- New Feature: The new Packager version, is over the Settings.xml file configurable (file and registry filter)
Version 184.108.40.206 2016-04-08
- Optimization: The command SF-Group Membership list now additionally the nested groups.
- Optimization: If the command SF-Language was performed twice in the same script, an error occurred.
Version 220.127.116.11 2016-03-31
- Optimization: If the SF-Run command called a file on a UNC path, appeared partially the message “Open File – Security Warning”. This warning occurs when the path was not be trusted (local intranet). The warning will not be displayed with the new version.
- Optimization: When the “AutoRestartShell” is disabled, the Explorer.exe will not be ended at an open handle.
Version 18.104.22.168 2016-03-15
- New Feature: Scripting Framework AutoUpdate via the Config Share incl. License.lic (see manual for details).
- New Feature: The SF-Wait command has been enhanced, that can wait for a file.
Version 22.214.171.124 2016-02-09
- New Feature: The functions can be addressed instead of f_ addition to SF-, which is becoming the new standard. Example: SF-Wait “5”. Important: download the new version of the “Scripting Framework Engineer” module down!_
- Optimization: new Install.exe and Uninstall.exe, the old can still be used. The EXE files support the following optional parameters:
-silent (no GUI View)
-noreboot (Instead of a 3010 return code 0 will be returned)
-noerror (At a error (1603) still the return code of 0 is returned)
Version 126.96.36.199 2016-02-03
- New Feature: New function f_ShowInstallNotification to show a notification that a package installation is pending. The user will be informed via notification that the installation of a software package is pending. The user can decide whether the installation is to run, at a later time or immediately. It is optionally possible to determine the number of shifts and / or the key date. It is also possible to inform the user of the to closing tasks. If no user is logged into the device, the installation will continue automatically without a message. During a displacement of the installation, Scripting Framework give the return code 70100 back. The details can be found in the current manual:
- Optimization: If the f_Run command called a file without a path, the file will be search in the defined paths (PATH Environment Variable Machine).
- Optimization: The return code of Scripting Framework is presented more clearly in the log.
- Bug Fix: The f_LoadVariables command displays specific permissions to the Config share that the CFG file is missing.
Version 188.8.131.52 2015-12-15
- New Feature: The new function “f Lockscreen” to lock the screen of the user during an installation (this also works under the System account). The text and the logo can be freely defined. More details on the new features, see the manual: Example:
- Optimization: The logging of f_Language command has been adapted
- Optimization: Advanced error checking for the f_Regperm command_
Version 184.108.40.206 2015-11-16
Version 220.127.116.11 2015-11-16
- New Feature: User Notification when an application is closed during the installation with f_Taskkill (works even if the installation under the System account expires). Other Notification options will follow in upcoming versions:
If the application is not running or no user is logged on to the system, no notification is displayed and the installation continues. A user interaction can be activated with the switch -Notification:
In connection with the SCCM, the Notification works regardless of “user experience” settings. Also following configuration is supported:
Over the following configuration parameters (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWAREWow6432NodeScriptingFrameworkConfig) you can configure the new Notification Center (REG_SZ):
A value of 1, disable the Notification Center completely. The -Notification parameter is ignored respectively.
Timeout until the tasks automatically close in seconds. A value of 0 disables automatic timeout, but this is not the recommendation.
If the Notification Center will be permanently displayed in the foreground. 0 = off 1 = OnThe interface currently supports the languages German, English and French and is expandable via language.xml. When issuing a notification, the Notification Center is automatically displayed in the respective language of the user system. If the language is not stored in XML, the interface is displayed by default in English.
- New Feature: f_Service and f_ServiceInstall also supports the startup type “Delayed”
- New Feature: f_RegPerm32 additional switch (x86 and x64)
- New Feature: f_RegPerm64 is automatically skipped on an x86 Client
Version 18.104.22.168 2015-10-15
- Bug Fix: If a section has been disabled, it will not be ignored under certain conditions f_LoadVariables
- Bug Fix: Handling of special characters with f_LoadVariables
Version 22.214.171.124 2015-09-22
- New Feature: Performance Improvements (Initializing the script)
Version 126.96.36.199 2015-09-11
- Bug Fix: f_Textfile together with the parameter “ReplaceLine” does not replace the string, if the text file contains only one line
Version 188.8.131.52 2015-08-28
- New Feature: In Scripting Framework.log the computer name / user is logged
- New Feature: In scripting mode, the log is displayed in addition, whether an App-V Environment has been detected or not
- New Feature: additional variable for App-V Package Root (_AppVPackageRoot)
- New Feature: Enhanced Error Handling f_AppvInstall
- New Feature: simplified PkgIdentifier handover in “Scripting Mode”
- Bug Fix: very special values of REG_MULTI_SZ were not written correctly
- Bug Fix: Correction f_Service provided worked with argument_
Version 184.108.40.206 2015-07-10
- New Feature: The User Settings (Install User.ps1) are automatically applied after the package installation to all logged on users on the device. Thus, it no LogOff and LogOn as previously required. If desired, the new feature can be disabled via Config: DisableImmediateUserInstallation =. 1 Should a user not be registered or if the feature has been disabled via the config, so the user configuration is processed by Active Setup of Windows at the next logon the user.
- New Feature: The Active Setup.exe has a new GUI with status display:
Version 220.127.116.11 2015-06-30
- Performance Improvements
- If the installation of the package starts from the user desktop, it may possible that the display Package.xml file is not found.
- Through the change in the version 18.104.22.168 (Command Line Handling), the ActiveSetup.exe works partially not correct
- Fix when you write REG_MULTI_SZ Keys with certain special characters
Version 22.214.171.124 2015-05-07
- Detachment of Install.cmd and Uninstall.cmd by EXE files (Elevation) – new package samples in the download Sektion
- In the demo version 126.96.36.199, it may have an active InstallUser.ps1 to a message after LogOn come. If you are affected, please download the new version.
- Fix in the function f_Language
Version 188.8.131.52 2015-04-28
- Command Line Handling optimization
- In the package no headers needed anymore
- Machine and User Log splitten:
Machine Log: C:Windows_ScriptingFrameworkLogs
User Log: %LOCALAPPDATA%_ScriptingFrameworkLogs
Version 184.108.40.206 2015-04-25
- Various internal code optimizations
Version 220.127.116.11 2015-04-21
- Correction of two variables
Version 18.104.22.168 2015-03-03
- Problem with Taskkill fixed (only in certain processes was the error exists)
Version 22.214.171.124 2015-02-16
- Fixed PFM font problem with Citrix
Version 126.96.36.199 2015-02-10
- PFM font case sensitivity problem fixed
Version 188.8.131.52 2015-02-04
- f_FontInstall (*.pfm) Font Support added
- f_FontUninstall (*.pfm) Font Support added
Version 184.108.40.206 2015-01-15
- Packet Identifier variables are deleted when an error occurs in the scripting mode
- f_LoadVariables Switch NoErrors added (required in Scripting Mode)
- f_LoadVariables Funktionalität „VarPrefixCustom“ added (requiered in Scripting Mode)